I'm interning once a week for the national electricity company here. It's been quite an experience. I do enjoy when the entire office stops working because the World Cup is on. I mean, clearly nobody works when Argentina is playing, but during the group stage people would basically go to the conference room three times a day to watch the games.
It is July, which means I am coming home this month!
Dad came last week. We had a great time. We went skiing in Bariloche, which was absolutely amazing. Also, I finished my final exams. Some were easy -- some were not.
The one that was not was my History of IR exam. I got to the test at 3pm. the professors didn't show up until 330/4. there were 15 people taking the exam. None were from my class. you can take a class and then take the final exam anytime after (conceivably some people could have taken the class as much as two, three, or even more years ago). They saved the foreign students for last. When they call your name you go up to the front of the room and each of the two professors gives you a topic to talk about. You have ~20 minutes to prepare. They ask you questions when you are giving the exam. Some people got really hard topics. As the day went on we were crossing off things that we didn't have to know. Anyway, I was the second to last person to give the exam at 9pm. A very long day. That topic that they gave me ended up being easy and I got a good grade, but I still had to study for all of the possibilities.
From Bariloche:
A dock.
Ready for skiing.
Cerro Catedral. Felt like spring skiing!
Our Hotel Llao Llao. Very classic and very awesome.
No comments:
Post a Comment