I
meant to write on my one week anniversary,
but I
was unexpectedly out of town.
My host mother invited me
to her "campo"
or country house outside of the city.
On Sunday we drove the five hours,
most of which is a
two-
lane highway and the last half hour of which is a
dirt road,
to Concordia
in the province of Entre
Rios. Laura's campo "
Amalia"
is about a 500 acre
eucalyptus farm.
Basically,
it is a
forest!
It was so
nice.
She needed to go up this past weekend because she was selling a
lot of trees,
which will be
cut down in the next few months and will regrow. I
had a
great time
at Amalia. I
enjoyed the Argentina
countryside without internet or TV,
read a
lot,
listened to music,
and made a
lot of fires in the fireplace. I
listened to the finals of the World Cup on the radio,
which,
although hard to follow at times,
was fun.
At least you can
always tell when someone scores.
Anyway, I
am excited to be
back now and ready to live my last days in Buenos Aires
to the fullest.
Recent Spanish phrases I
have learned:
- "No es mico de pavo" - It's no
little deal
- "China china quien eres gallina" -
the game "
chicken"
The Driveway
Eucalyptus Trees
Pine Cone! (There are some pine trees around)
La Pampa
No comments:
Post a Comment